Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Is it ART?


"The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life, by artificial means and hold it fixed so that a hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again since it is life." ~William Faulkner


As I walked toward the driftwood sculpture discovered on Dauphin Island this cloudy Memorial Day weekend, I became increasingly intrigued by the formation and the choice of additional materials...

"It has been said that art is a tryst, for in the joy of it maker and beholder meet." ~Kojiro Tomita

As I circled the creation, I admired the idea and aesthetic design. I thought of the installation art of Jeanne-Claude and Christo...

Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. ~Amy Lowell

I even took pictures with it as we often do with notable landmarks...

But, Is It Art?

1 comment:

NikonSniper said...

oh yeah ... that's art. would be cool if you get different skies to photograph with it. all kinds of moods would be felt. great stuff.
nikonsniper steve