Monday, April 27, 2009

Dog & Shapes


What a relaxed demeanor! How did William get Fay to pose for such a symmetrical image? I wonder how many shots this took!

Triangle, Circle, Semi-Circle, Rectangle, Square:

AKRON, OH - The Akron Art Museum will present the wonderfully witty, entertaining and moving exhibition William Wegman: Fay, featuring the artistic collaboration between William Wegman (b. 1943) and his celebrated Weimaraner, Fay (1984-1995). The Akron Art Museum is fortunate to be able to include in this exhibition not just black and white photographs but also large format Polaroids and chromogenic (color) prints, from the artist’s personal collection. In addition to 56 still photographs, extensive selections from Wegman’s videos featuring Fay will be on continuous view in the exhibition. On view 16 May through 16 August, 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr.Baggett coming on this blog page of yours I learn something new every-time in the field of arts. Seriously if I wasn't a senior and was close to graduation. I think my major would be something in the art. For years I never hate art but I never learn the love and value that art has to offer. You offer so much to me and I thank you for that. The elements of art is something I never forget. As a physical education teacher I can span my fields so much for example whatever I'm teacher elementary or secondary on rainy days kids get bored I can rationalize and get the paint and brushes and let the kids explore. Like with this picture here and I learned that you can created something out of nothing. And the picture with the dog and the shape really an eye catcher. Especially with the shapes. Tim Stevenson Art 100/102 T&R 11:00-12:15