Monday, August 2, 2010

Dauphin Island Posts/Pictures of the Day (DI POD's) #1

It is the beginning of my first full day of a week of resting, reading, writing, running, and biking on Dauphin Island, AL. Although, I've grown up visiting the Island and staying at my best friend's family house to relax and enjoy the water, I now realize there's so much more about the Island I want to discover. The BP oil disaster has brought to my attention the beauty of this Island which I really know so little about.  So I'll share my journeys this week.

First of all, the heat is unbearable so running at 8:00 am is already too late. We'll try 6:00 am tomorrow.

I found the Dauphin Island Library/Visitor's Center is a fabulous local joint for Wi Fi and am enjoying listening to the locals describe the Island to the few visitors who have walked in. I'll be a regular here this week!

4 comments:

Wm Chamberlain said...

Enjoy your (rather short) summer break. I am already itching to get back to work. It seems that I spend a lot of my time thinking about school again. I found it a real problem this year to turn that off, even after school was out. I guess this is the curse of being a professional ;)

Paige Vitulli said...

Having worked all summer, I'm not quite as ready to get back. But understand the "itch."

Jenny Black said...

Hey! I aspire to be a teacher as well. I think this post is cool because it shows that you have a life outside of your job. You don't just teach students in a classroom. You also are available to them after school hours. I know personally for me, it made me enjoy school so much more when I felt like I had a relationship with my teachers. It made a HUGE impact on me when I knew they believed in me. Not only are you a teacher, but you make a difference. To top it all off, you still have time for your personal hobbies like running! I LOVE to run! I also love to explore and I think it is so neat that you are taking the time to discover Dauphin Island. I live in Baldwin County and I have only been there a couple of times! That is ridiculous! You reminded me that we have beauty all around us. When we grow so comfortable with our community, we forget to notice all the hidden beauties and quirks that have been there all along.

Jenny Black said...

Hello Mrs. Baggett, I forgot to indentify myself in my first comment, I apologize. My name is Jenny Black and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. Here is a link to our class blog: http://edm310.blogspot.com/ and here is a link to my blog: http://blackjennyedm310.blogspot.com/. I will also be commenting some more on your blog and I will post a summary on two of your posts by 9/12. Thanks, I look forward to getting to know more about you!